Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hi there.

Where should I begin this post? I suppose I should probably give random biographic information about myself.

My name is Michelle. 18, extra short, obnoxious boobs (that I love, don't get me wrong), college freshman at Northwestern University. I was majoring in journalism, which is NU's forte, but I'm pretty sure I'll be switching to English my sophomore year.

You see, I've kind of had an identity crisis my freshman year. Over the summer, I broke up with my boyfriend of almost two years. It was pretty rocky, I'm not going to lie. I then proceeded to fall pathetically in love with the brother of one of my closest friends. Our "relationship," though never official, was perfect for a short while but got weird shortly thereafter. I'm still struggling with the "friendzone" and have a mini panic attack whenever I see him. So attractive, I know.

Northwestern is a whole other story. I can't decide if I like it there or not. I haven't clicked with as many people as I'd like to, considering I had a ton of friends in high school and was involved in a ton of clubs & activities. Typical overachieving teenager of the 21st century. As much as I question my choice of university, I know I busted my ass to get to where I am now and I deserve my spot at NU. Also, to be frank, I really wanted to prove wrong every asshole that ever insulted my intelligence. So no matter what, NU it is. I'm totes gonna get my Master's from there, too. Bam.

I also really like tattoos. As I'm writing this, I have three, but I should be getting my fourth in a matter of weeks. I'll post about my ink later, don't worry.

To wrap things up, I want to explain why I'm writing this blog: I want to be a writer. A real writer who gets published and has an agent and goes on book tours. I want people to be inspired by me, to be able to relate to my experiences, and to find comfort in my words. This blog, I hope, will help me get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment