Friday, March 15, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars

So the other night I began reading "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. This books is kind of a big deal, apparently. Everyone on tumblr is obsessed with it, that's for sure. It's a love story about Hazel, a 16-year-old cancer patient, and Augustus, who also had cancer.

I'm not sure about you guys, but cancer is a really touchy subject for me. My grandpa, who I still idolize to this day, died of stomach cancer when I was 13. It was probably one of the worst times of my life, and now I'm terrified of cancer more than ever. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the whole "cancer" aspect of this book. However, the dialogue is clever and Hazel's narration is extremely relatable, so I'm going to give it a try.

I really enjoy love stories, but they make me so sad too, you know? I guess it just stems from my desire to be loved. Deep down, I know every person in this world wants to feel loved. I don't care about the bullshit people say about not liking or wanting to be in relationships; it's all a lie. The desire to feel wanted or loved is a central aspect of being human.

I wanted to show you guys the book, but this was mostly an excuse to take a selfie.


No comments:

Post a Comment